As detailed below, the following dissertations were filed this year. We are proud of the recent success of our graduate students on the job market.
- Michael Skiles completed his dissertation “First Principles to Further our Understanding of What is to be Done.” He is C.E.O. at HostGPO.
- Michael Hansen completed his dissertation “Worlds Apart: An Interpretation of Leibnizian Perceiving.” He is currently at Brigham Young University (tenure-track).
- Andrew Lavin completed his dissertation “Normality Judgments: Structure and Content.” He is currently at Butte College, Feather River College, and CSU Chico (Philosophy Instructor).
- Antti Hiltunen completed his dissertation “Spinoza: The Human Mind as an Understanding of the Nature of its Body.” He is currently a UCLA (Lecturer).
- Jonathan Bonilla joins us as the new department coordinator. An alumnus of UCLA, he graduated in 2014 with a degree in Philosophy.
- Chris Tang joins the department as department technology analyst. He was previously with the Humanities Administration Group. Chris is a 2016 UCLA graduate with a B.A. in Sociology.
• Belen Garcia left the department to join the Dean’s Office in the UCLA School of Law.