B.A., Yale University (2005)
Ph.D., Rutgers University (2011)
Please visit my personal website for pdfs, abstracts, and works in progress.
- “Content and Target in Pictorial Representation”, Ergo, forthcoming.
- “Conventions of Viewpoint Coherence in Film”, with Sam Cumming and Rory Kelly, Philosopher’s Imprint, 17:1, 2017.
- “Varieties of Iconicity”, with Valeria Giardino in “Pictorial and Diagrammatic Representation”, a special issue of the Review of Philosophy and Psychology, 6:1, 2015
- “Beyond Resemblance”, Philosophical Review 122:2, 2013
Works in progress
- “The Geometry of Pictorial Representation”
- “The Structure of Visual Content”
- “Counterfactuals and Modality”
- “Point of View and Incremental Interpretation in Film”, with Sam Cumming, Rory Kelly, and Elsi Kaiser.
I regularly teach the following undergraduate courses:
- Philosophy 7: Introduction to Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy 133: Computational Theory of Mind
- Philosophy 161: Visual Representation
I’ve taught the following graduate seminars:
- Computation and Cognition
- Pictorial Semantics
- Semantics of Irreality (with Jessica Rett)
- Iconic and Symbolic Representation
- 80’s Classics (aka Naturalizing Intentionality)
- Visual Objects